AMWA PATH RACE FOR HUMAN TRAFFICKING AWARENESS
T-shirts can be purchased here!
Another design can be found here!
Please donate to our organization here!
Physicians Against the Trafficking of Human’s (PATH), under the guidance of American Medical Women’s Association invites you to our first annual 5K for Human Trafficking Awareness!!
Our Organization Serves to help medical professionals better care for victims of human trafficking by:
– Enhancing awareness of the scope of the problem
– Identifying at-risk patients by utilizing victim-centered interviewing techniques
– Providing and promoting trauma-informed care
– Equipping health professionals to intervene safely on behalf of patients
– Connecting patients, providers, clinics, and hospitals to resources.
It’s estimated that internationally there are between 20 million and 40 million people in modern slavery today. Assessing the full scope of human trafficking is difficult because so cases so often go undetected, something the United Nations refers to as “the hidden figure of crime.”
Estimates suggest that, internationally, only about .04% survivors of human trafficking cases are identified, meaning that the vast majority of cases of human trafficking go undetected.
Human trafficking earns global profits of roughly $150 billion a year for traffickers, $99 billion of which comes from commercial sexual exploitation.