About the event
Support a cause close to our hearts and show off your Badger spirit! Cardiac on Campus presents its hybrid Red Tutu Trot 5k, a run/walk that takes place in Madison on October 24th or whenever and wherever is most convenient for you. All proceeds from the race will be used to host free CPR/AED certification classes in the Madison community. Funds raised will also help us place AEDs in UW-Madison campus buildings. The Red Tutu Trot is the perfect event for students, families, and all Badger fans. Join us to raise awareness for cardiac health!Participants can register until the end of the race on October 24th. Each individual that registers by 11:59 pm on October 2nd will be automatically entered in our official Red Tutu Trot 2021 giveaway. Prizes include KwikTrip gift cards, a one-month Cyclebar membership, official Cardiac on Campus gear, and more!
The Official Red Tutu Trot 2021 T-Shirt Fundraiser!
We are offering participants the option to purchase our official Red Tutu Trot 2021 T-Shirt as a fundraising item. Get an official Red Tutu Trot T-Shirt featuring this year's exclusive design and help us save lives at the same time! You can buy one for yourself, your friends, or anyone who runs the race with you! All sales will be handled through the printing company to ensure safe and contactless delivery. T-shirts are available to purchase here and when you sign up.Interested in a tutu?
This year, we are devastated that we cannot sell red tutus to our virtual participants due to the complexity of shipping and handling. In-person participants can purchase a tutu the day of the race (limited quantity). You can also show your support by wearing past Red Tutu Trot or Cardiac on Campus clothing, buying a tutu online, or wearing anything red!
Why You Should Run & Our History
Cardiac on Campus is a student organization at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. It was founded in 2016 after Brittany Derynda's 20-year-old brother passed away from sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) after completing a half-marathon. Our organization attempts to shed light on SCA prevention and cardiac health as a whole. For 90% of its victims, SCA is fatal. Increasing bystander CPR and AED knowledge is our best solution for lowering this grim statistic. Help Cardiac on Campus raise awareness about SCA and funds to put on free CPR and AED certification classes! Thanks for your time and support!
How a VIRTUAL Run/Walk Works
1) Register for your preferred run/walk location by October 24th. You can also register with a group of your friends or family! Please note that groups do not place in our race; it's a way to see who does best within your group. Don't forget to purchase a Red Tutu Trot t-shirt! T-shirts will be shipped directly to your address. If you want to wear your shirt for the race, they MUST be ordered by Oct. 4th to guarantee shipping. The link for post-race shipping is coming soon!
2) Run/walk 5 kilometers any time between October 18th and October 24th by yourself, with family/friends, or with your team. Don't forget to time yourself!
3) Submit your race results here.
4) Share your photos on Facebook or Instagram and tag us @cardiaconcampus, and don't forget to use #RedTutuTrot2021!How an IN-PERSON Run/Walk Works
1) Register for your preferred run/walk location by October 24th. You can also register with a group of your friends or family! Please note that groups do not place in our race; it's a way to see who does best within your group. Don't forget to purchase a Red Tutu Trot t-shirt! If you want to wear your shirt for the race, they MUST be ordered by Oct. 4th to guarantee shipping. The link for post-race shipping is coming soon!
2) Join us on October 24th at 1 pm CST with your family, friends, or just yourself and run/walk 5 kilometers! We will have people available to keep track of your time. Don't forget to arrive early to check in, fill out our race waiver, and pick up your t-shirt if you selected Madison pickup! Check-in begins at 11:30 am CST. Please meet us in Lot 60 (near Nielsen Tennis Stadium).
3) Share your photos on Facebook or Instagram and tag us @cardiaconcampus, and don't forget to use #RedTutuTrot2021!
Unable to participate in the run? You can still donate to our cause via PayPal or Venmo. You can also donate to our Venmo (@cardiaconcampus) via the Venmo mobile app.
Interested in learning more about Cardiac on Campus? Visit our website!
Races offered by this event
Find hotels near Red Tutu Trot
Mad City Ultras
RPCV of Madison Freeze for Food to benefit the Colombia Support Network
Madison Shamrock Shuffle
Project Sunshine 5K: How Far Will You Run/Walk For Pediatric Patients?
Moving Mountains MEDLIFE 5K
UW-Madison SAVMA Wags for Wellness 5k
© Ahotu is a World's Sports Group owned service and brand. All rights reserved.