About the event
We will have limited day of registration on 11/23/23 IN PERSON. NO MORE KID RUN SPACE.
Day of race registration is only for 5k and 1.5 mile walk. We have 100 spots. Race reg. will close at 8:30 SHARP.
After race, you can go to Flos to see if any shirts left.
$28 PER PERSON.
Blue Point Turkey Trot (aka Smiles Turkey Trot)
In Person or Virtual
5k and 1.5 mile WALK starts at 9am
Kids' Fun Run is now at 8:30AM !!
November 23, 2023- To benefit youth of Long Island through scholarships, community projects and donations to youth serving LI non-profits. - 5k Fun Run/ 1.5 mile non-competitive RUN/ Walk/ Kids' Fun Run.
NO CHIP/ JUST A CLOCK AT THE FINISH! (And pumpkin pies for top 5 runners - men and women)
The 5k run will be a "fun run" - no chips, no official times, no age group prizes- just top 5 male and female overall. There will be 1 & 2 mile split clocks and a large finish line clock. Race starts and finishes at Corey Beach Park on the Great South Bay and winds through the beautiful town of Blue Point. Registration limited to 1000 runners. Long sleeve technical shirts for all preregistered 5k & Walk participants at designated pick up times. 5k and 1.5 mile run starts at 9am.
5K AND 1.5 MILE WALK START AT 9AM.
Kids Run starts at 8:30am sharp: Kids Run starts at 8:30am for children 10 years old and under. Turkey headbands for all participants.
Awards for 5k race: A Pumpkin Pie will be given to first five 5k finishers (M/F) overall ONLY. There will be no other awards.
Sorry no dogs.
Here is the info about the race of you are registered (we emailed this as well):
Here is updated info for this event:
OUR EVENT IS THURSDAY- TURKEY DAY!
1. Bib pick up is 7:30 am to 8:30 am at Flos in Blue Point on Thanksgiving day. We are digital so even if you see a big line, we move fast.
2. Parking- We have two lots we must fill before you park in the neighborhoods. Please come into Corey Avenue to see if parking attendants will direct you to spots. YOU WILL NOT BE STUCK IN THE LOT UNTIL AFTER THE RACE. We will let you out with the help of our wonderful attendants. When those lots are full, please park legally in the neighbors. Please be super considerate to our Blue Point neighbors.
3. We have the kindest runners and walkers and we have the kindest volunteers. Remember to give THOSE VOLUNTEERS a shout out when you pass by.
4. Day of Race Registration- WE ARE SO THANKFUL for all of your support. We have ONLY 100 SPOTS LEFT (only 5k or 1. 5 miles) on day of race. We will allow registration at the event (at Flo's in Blue Point from 7:30 am to 8:30 am). We close day of race registration when we hit 100 people OR by 8:30am, whichever comes first. Sorry- we are out of shirts.
5. Kids Race- THERE IS NO MORE ROOM FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE KIDS RACE.
7:30 am to 8:30 am- bib pick up
8:30am- Kids Run (south of Flos on Corey Avenue)
9am- 5k and 1.5 mile walk starts.
Everyone should be done running and walking by 10am so they can go home, brag to family and friends and say how great they are!!!!!! (because you are the best!!!)
7. Pumpkin pie - There will be a finishing clock but no "chip" on your bib. First 5 men and first 5 women get a pumpkin pie to bring home and bragging rights.
8. VERY IMPORTANT- START LINE - Please line up at the start as follows:
Fast runners in front (you know who they are), regular runners in middle, slower runners in middle back, walkers and runners with strollers in way back.
9. Kids Run starts at 8:30am and it is done in "waves" (just like NYC marathon- wow!). Youngest go first. Your child's bib will say what wave they are.
10. Bathrooms are south of Flos on the beach. 12 porta potties waiting to be used.
11. We will have a few sponsors at the event. PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO SAY HI TO THEM. They are giving away raffles and cool 'giveaways."
12. TOM THE TURKEY- We will have Tom the Turkey at the event for pictures. Stop by, take a family or friend photo (and send to us later by email!!!)
13. Donations: We will have some mugs and shot glasses with the new logo available - $15 donation will get you one.
Questions- email us at kidsrunlongisland.gmail.com.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!! WE COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU.
The trot Committee
Races offered by this event
5k Virtual race
Kids Fun Run
Kids Fun Run - Virtual
1.5 MILE Virtual Race
1.5 Mile Walk
Find hotels near Smiles Turkey Trot
Sayville Running Company 10 Mile Run to the Blue Point Brewery
5K Run / Walk To End Addiction
St. Patrick's Day 5K and Little Leprechauns Fun Run - Holbrook
Merrimac Elementary Fun Run
Run Around the Lake
Community Ambulance 5k Run and Walk
Iron Horse 4 Miler
Sayville Summerfest Hon. John P. Cohalan 4 Mile run
Pink Pumpkin 5 Mile Run
ISF The Exceptional Race 5K Walk/Run, Kids Fun Run
© Ahotu is a World's Sports Group owned service and brand. All rights reserved.