About the event
Join us for the 16th annual Kiwanis BUG Chase!
All proceeds benefit the Fort Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis BUG (Bring Up Grades) program, designed to provide recognition to local elementary students who raise their grades to an acceptable range and maintain or continue to raise them from one grading period to the next, and other local club sponsored youth service projects. Schools that have been supported by the club’s BUG program include Littleton Elementary, Rayma C. Page Elementary and Orangewood Elementary.
In addition to the BUG program, the Fort Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis Club also supports the following sponsored leadership programs: Aktion Club at LARC, Circle K International (CKI) at Florida Gulf Coast University, Key Club at FSW Collegiate High, Builders Club at Cypress Lake Middle and K-Kids at Dr. Carrie D. Robinson Littleton Elementary School. The club funded multi-sensory rooms at Tropic Isles Elementary, NFM Academy for the Arts, Heights Elementary, Rayma C. Page Elementary and James Stephens Elementary. The club supplies a world atlas to either every fourth or third grade student at the following schools: Rayma C. Page Elementary, Heights Elementary, Orangewood Elementary, Littleton Elementary and James Stephens Elementary.
The Fort Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis club also supports many other organizations including Pine Manor Improvement Association, March of Dimes, The Salvation Army, Ronald McDonald House, Early Learning Coalition of SWFL, Children's Network of SWFL, Healthy Start SWFL, Gulf Coast Humane Society, Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium and more.
- Race day registrations begins at 7 a.m.
- Race day packet pick up will take place from 7 a.m.-7:45 a.m.
- Race time is 8 a.m.
- Short sleeve t-shirt in performance material guaranteed to the first 200 registered
- Overall age group awards to be presented
- No shirts or packets will be held after race day for pick up
- Register by 12/1/2023 to guarantee shirt size
- Runner registration is capped at 400 registrations
- Parking inside the nature center lot is limited. Additional parking available offsite at the Lee Health Facility across from the nature center.
- This event will be timed with chip tag technology. Your timing strip is attached to your race number. Do not remove this tag. Do not fold, or wrinkle the tag nor the race number. Do not cover your race number.
- We are happy to offer both adult AND youth registration options for our race.
To learn more about our projects, please visit our website (metromcgregorkiwanis.com) or Facebook page.
Thank you for supporting the race and in-turn our projects in the community!
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.
Races offered by this event
Fort Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis BUG Chase 5K
Find hotels near Metro-McGregor Kiwanis BUG Chase 5K
Downtown Dash - Fort Myers
SWFL Holiday Fun Run/Walk
Jingle Jog 5K and Santa Strut
Edison Festival of Light 5K
City of Palms River Run 8K
Publix Run To The Arts 5K
Cops & Joggers Beach 5K
Mind on the Run - NAMI Southwest Florida 5K
Fort Myers Turkey Trot 5K
MIDPOINT MADNESS Veteran’s Day 5K
The price shown is converted as an approximate cost in your selected currency. Exchange rates may change while completing your purchase. Always check with your issuing bank for an exact exchange rate.
© Ahotu is a World's Sports Group owned service and brand. All rights reserved.