0.8 mi, 5 km, 8 km
Due to a lower than hoped for number of registrations, the 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM heats for the 5K have been cancelled. The only heat for the 5K will now start at 9:20 AM, just after the Kids' race which will start at 9:00AM.
Greetings: We hope that all are safe and are ready for a fun race. Due to the pandemic we have made some changes that we hope will allow us to conduct a safe event that will let you enjoy running a live race without compromising your health. Mask wearing and social distancing will be practiced whenever possible. Runners may remove masks while running. The 8K and 5K courses have been changed for several reasons. First, the paved connector path between High Hill Park and Tranquility Trails has been completed, which means we will not be running on any public roads, so we can spread our races out so that we don't have hundreds of runners on the course at the same time. The 8K will be 3.1 miles on paved surfaces and 1.9 miles of trail running and will start at 7:45 AM. This race is also limited to 100 runners (no walkers, please). The Kids' .8 Mile rcae will start at 9:00 AM. The 5K Run/Walk will be an out and back on all paved surfaces. The 5K run/walk will start at 9:20 AM. 8K and 5K top finishers, male and female, will each receive awards valued between $75.00 - $150.00. 8K and 5K 2nd and 3rd place finishers, male and female, will each receive awards valued @ $50.00. Age category awards will also be given. All awards will be mailed or delivered - there will not be an onsite awards ceremony. See the race descriptions below. Rain or shine. The Kiwanis Club of Greater Swedesboro will donate at least $5.00 for every registration for the 8K, 5K, 0K, and .8Mile Virtual walk, and $2.00 for every registration for the Kid's .8 mile run to Ben Miller's Eagle Scout project to build an 84 foot wooden walkway over the muddy area that our 8K runners will cross entering Tranquility Trails. Ben is a Logan Township resident and a member of Swedesboro Boy Scout Troop 13. Ben will be at our run to explain and promote his project.
The 08085 Run/Walk/Sit: One mild-mannered zip code … with an event boasting five fantastic options! Join us for one or more of the 4th annual 08085 Run possibilities. In zip code order, choose from:
1. A 0.8 Mile kids’ run/walk (1.29K) - Course along a flat, paved trail within Locke Avenue Park.
2. A 0.8 Mile walk (VIRTUAL) - Choose your own course and walk at your leisure.
3. A 0K sit (approximately no miles) - Course along a comfortable chair of your choosing. All the stuff with little-to-none of the sweat!
4. An 8K run (4.96 miles) - Road and Trail. Mostly out-and-back course mostly along High Hill Road but only featuring gentle, rolling hills less imposing than the road’s name suggests. 3.1 Miles on the paved 5K course with another 1.9 miles on Tranquility Trails, unpaved mostly on a 20' wide dirt trail bordering wooded areas, but there are about 200 yards of trail (with tree roots) through wooded wetland areas. Depending on weather conditions, some mud may be involved.
5. A 5K run/walk (3.1 miles) - Less-challenging paved course Starting in Locke Ave Park, through High Hill Park, alongside High Hill Road to Tranquility Trails and back..
© Ahotu is a World's Sports Group owned service and brand. All rights reserved.